1. Quantum dots and their applications (LED lighting, display); 2. Nano-sorbents for heavy metal removal.
My research interest is focused on the colloidal synthesis of quantum dots (QDs) and their applications in lighting emitting diodes (LED), photovoltaic devices and adsorbents for environmental pollutants (heavy metal ions). I have been spending a lot of efforts on improving their photoluminescence quantum yields (PLQYs) and stabilities of QDs to make them bright and stable enough for practical applications. Having been actively engaged in the QD research field, I have published over 80 papers in peer-viewed journals such as Nature Photonics, Nature Communications, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Chemical Science, and Nano Energy. The above researches have been totally cited over 6000 times, seven of them were selected as ESI Highly Cited Papers, and 16 papers have been cited more than 100 times. I have also been granted 2 international (major industrial countries) patents, 2 US patents, and 12 Chinese patents, one of which was licensed to an industrial partner, and the products have achieved mass production and selling in the market, and in 2018, I won the "Excellent Individual" for the Intellectual Property Transformation of Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
1. Mingming Liu, Qun Wan, Huamiao Wang, Francesco Carulli, Xiaochuan Sun, Weilin Zheng, Long Kong, Qi Zhang, Congyang Zhang, Qinggang Zhang, Sergio Brovelli*, Liang Li*, Nature Photonics, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41566-021-00766-2
2. Qinggang Zhang, Bo Wang, Weilin Zheng, Long Kong, Qun Wan, Congyang Zhang, Zhichun Li, Xueyan Cao, Mingming Liu, Liang Li*, Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 1-9.
3. Congyang Zhang, Wanbin Li, Liang Li*, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition,2020, DOI:
4. Bo Wang, Congyang Zhang, Weilin Zheng, Qinggang Zhang, Zhongqiu Bao, Long Kong, Liang Li*, Chemistry
of Materials, 2020, 32, 308.
5. Lu Huang, Zhichun Li, Congyang Zhang, Long Kong, Bo Wang, Shouqiang Huang, Vaishali Sharma, Houyu Ma, Qingchen Yuan, Yue Liu, Guoqing Shen, Kaifeng Wu, Liang Li* , Chemical Science, 2019, 10, 6683-6688.
6. Congyang Zhang, Bo Wang, Weilin Zheng, Shouqiang Huang, Long Kong, Zhichun Li, Gufeng He, Liang Li*, Nano Energy, 2018, 51, 358-365.
7. Congyang Zhang, Bo Wang, Wanbin Li, Shouqiang Huang, Long Kong, Zhichun Li，Liang Li*, Nature Communications, 2017, 8, 1138.
8. Zhichun Li, Long Kong, Shouqiang Huang, Liang Li*, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition,
2017, 129, 8246 –8250.
9. Shouqiang Huang, Zhichun Li, Long Kong, Nanwen Zhu, Aidang Shan, Liang Li*, Journal of the American
Chemical Society, 2016, 138, 5749–5752.
10. Zhichun Li, Wei Yao, Long Kong, Yixin Zhao, Liang Li*, Journal of the American Chemical Society,
2015, 137, 12430-12433.
11. Long Kong, Zhichun Li, Shouqiang Huang,Jinping Jia, Liang Li*, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental,
2107, 204, 403–410.
12. Liang Li, Anshu Pandey, Donald J. Werder, Bishnu P. Khanal, Jeffrey M. Pietryga, Victor I. Klimov*, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 1176-1179.
13. Liang Li, Nelson Coates, Daniel Moses*, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 22-
14. Liang Li, Peter Reiss* Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2008, 130, 11588-11589.
15. Xiangyi Huang, Liang Li, Huifeng Qian, Chaoqing Dong, Jicun Ren*, Angewandte Chemie
International Edition, 2006, 45, 5140-5143.
16. Jianfang Xu, Zan Qu*, Naiqiang Yan, Yixin Zhao, Xiaofang Xu, Liang Li*, Chemical Engineering
Journal, 2016, 284, 565-570.
17. Liang Li, T. Jean Daou, Isabelle Texier, Tran Thi Kim Chi, Nguyen Quang Liem, Peter Reiss*, Chemistry of Materials, 2009, 21, 2422-2429.
18. Liang Li, Myriam Protière, Peter Reiss*,Chemistry of Materials, 2008, 20, 2621-2623.
19. A. Pandey, S. Brovelli, R. Viswanatha, Liang Li, J.M.Pietryga, V.I. Klimov*, S.A.Crooker*. Nature Nanotechnology, 2012, 7, 792-797.