Resource Utilization and Environmental Risk Assessment of Electronic Waste
2013.5-present Assistant, Associate Professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China.
2016.9-2017.9 Visiting scholar at University of California, Irvine (USA), funded by China Scholarship Council
2011.5-2013.5 Postdoctoral researcher at East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China
2006.9-2011.3 PhD School of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
2004.7-2007.3 MS School of Environ. Sci. & Eng., Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
2000.9-2004.7 BS Dept. of Environ. Eng., Nanchang University, China
1. Guo, J.; Luo, X.; Tan, S.; Ogunseitan, O.A.; *Xu, Z., Thermal degradation and pollutant emission from waste printed circuit boards mounted with electronic components. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2020, 382, 121038.
2. Tan, S.; Chen, Z.; Wang, R.; *Guo, J.; Xu, Z. Emission characteristics of polybrominated diphenyl ethers from the thermal disassembly of waste printed circuit boards, Atmospheric Environment. 2020, 226, 117402.
3. Wang, R.; Zhu, Z.; Tan, S.; *Guo, J.; Xu, Z. Mechanochemical degradation of brominated flame retardants in waste printed circuit boards by ball milling, Journal of Hazardous Materials. 2020, 385, 121509.
4. Guo, J.; Ji, A.; Wang, J.; Ogunseitan, O.A.; *Xu, Z. Emission characteristics and exposure assessment of particulate matter and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) from waste printed circuit boards de-soldering. Science of the Total Environment 2019, 662, 530-536.
5. Guo, J.; Zhang, R.; *Xu, Z., PBDEs emission from waste printed wiring boards during thermal process. Environmental Science & Technology 2015, 49, 2716-2723.
6. Guo, J.; Lin, K.; Deng, J.; Fu, X.; *Xu, Z., Polybrominated diphenyl ethers in indoor air during waste TV recycling process. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2015, 283, 439-446.
7. Guo, J.; Jiang, Y.; Hu, X.; *Xu, Z., Volatile organic compounds and metal leaching from composite products made from fiberglass-resin portion of printed circuit board waste. Environmental Science & Technology 2012, 46, 1028-1034.
8. Guo, J.; Tang, Y.; *Xu, Z., Wood plastic composite produced by nonmetals from pulverized waste printed circuit boards. Environmental Science & Technology 2010, 44, 463-468.
9. Guo, J.; Cao, B.; Guo, J.; *Xu, Z., A plate produced by nonmetallic materials of pulverized waste printed circuit boards. Environmental Science & Technology 2008, 42, 5267-5271.
10. Guo, J.; Li, J.; Rao, Q.; *Xu, Z., Phenolic molding compound filled with nonmetals of waste PCBs. Environmental Science & Technology 2008,42, (2), 624-628.
Engaged in the research on resource utilization and risk assessment of electronic waste (brominated flame retardant, heavy metal, etc.). As Principal Investigator for the General Projects and Youth Fund of National Natural Science Foundation of China, Shanghai Natural Science Foundation, General Project of China Postdoctoral Foundation (first-class funding), China Postdoctoral Science Special Foundation, etc.
Honors and Awards
2018 Shanghai Pujiang Scholar
2017 Excellent Headteacher, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2016 SMC Excellent Young Faculty Award, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2015 First Prize of the Technology Invention Award of the Ministry of Education
2013 100th National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award Nomination
2012 Shanghai Excellent Doctor Degree Dissertation Award
2008 Excellent Young Doctor, Shanghai Tongji Gao Tingyao Environmental Science and Technology Development Fund