Office Address：Room 308-2，the Analysis Center for Materials, Chemistry & Environment, Minhang Campus, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, No.800 Dongchuan Road.
- Behaviors, toxicity and health risk of enviornmental emerging contaminants;
- Indoor pollution and purification;
- Rapid analysis method development for trace environmental pollutants
B.M., Tongji Medical Unviersity, 1994;
Master, Tongji Medical Unviersity, 1997;
PhD., Institute of Environmental Medicine, Huazhong University of Science and Technology,2000;
Postdoctoral researcher, National University of Singapore, 2000-2004;
Associate professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2004 to 2020.
Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2021 to present.
Junjie Ao, Tao Yuan*, Hui Xia, Yuning Ma, Zhemin Shen, Rong Shi, Ying Tian, Jun Zhang, Wenjin Ding, Li Gao, Xiaodong Zhao, Xiaodan Yu. Characteristic and human exposure risk assessment of per- and polyfuoroalkyl substances: A study based on indoor dust and drinking water in China. Environmental Pollution 2019, 254:112873
- Gu JY, Tao Yuan*, Ni N, Ma YN, Shen ZM, Yu XD, Shi R , Tian Y, Zhang J. Urinary concentration of personal care products and polycystic ovary syndrome: A case-control study. Environ Res 2019, 168(1): 48-53.
- Junjie Ao, Jiaping Gu, Tao Yuan*, Dan Li, Yuning Ma, Zhemin Shen.Applying molecular modelling and experimental studies to develop molecularly imprinted polymer for domoic acid enrichment from both seawater and shellfish. Chemosphere, 2018;199(5): 98–106.
- Junjie Ao, Tao Yuan*, Li Gao，Xiaodan Yu, Xiaodong Zhao, Ying Tian,Wenjin Ding, Yuning Ma, Zhemin Shen. Organic UV filters exposure induces the production of inflammatory cytokines in human macrophages. Science of The Total Environment, 2018(635): 926-935.
- Junjie Ao, Tao Yuan*, Jiayuan Gu, Yuning Ma, Zhemin Shen， Ying Tian， Rong Shi，Wei Zhou，Jun Zhang. Organic UV filters in indoor dust and human urine: A study of characteristics, sources, associations and human exposure. Science of The Total Environment, 2018(640–641):1157-1164.
- Ao JJ, Yuan T*,Ma YN, Gao L, Ni N, Li D. Identification, characteristics and human exposure assessments of triclosan, bisphenol-A, and four commonly used organic UV filters in indoor dust collected from Shanghai, China. Chemosphere, 2017; 184(10): 575–583.
- Gao L, Yuan T*, Cheng P, Zhou CQ, Ao JJ, Wang WH, Zhang HM. Organic UV filters inhibit multixenobiotic resistance (MXR) activity in Tetrahymena thermophila: investigations by the Rhodamine 123 accumulation assay and molecular docking. Ecotoxicology,2016; 25(7), 1318-1326.
- Junjie Ao，Li Gao，Tao Yuan*，Gaofeng Jiang，Interaction mechanisms between organic UV filters and bovine serum albumin as determined by comprehensive spectroscopy exploration and molecular docking，Chemosphere，2015，119（1）：590-600.
- Gao Li，Yuan Tao*，Zhou Chuanqi，et al. Effects of four commonly used UV filters on the growth, cell viability and oxidative stress responses of the Tetrahymena thermophila，Chemosphere，2013，93（10）：2507-2513.
- Yan Lv, Tao Yuan*, Jiangyong Hu, Wenhua Wang. Seasonal Occurrence and Behavior of Synthetic Musks (SMs) during Wastewater Treatment Process in Shanghai, China. Sci of Total Environ 2010, 408: 4170-4176.
- Penghua Wang, Tao Yuan*, Jiangyong Hu. Determination of Cephalosporin Antibiotics in Water Samples by Optimized Solid Phase Extraction and High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Ultraviolet Detector. Int J Environ Anal Chem 2011, 91(13)：1267-1281.
- Guo G, Yuan T*, Wang W, Li D, Cheng J, Gao Y, Zhou P. Bioavailability, mobility, and toxicity of Cu in soils around the Dexing Cu mine in China. Environ Geochem Health. 2011, 33 (2), 217-224.
Research projects include: 3 projects from National Natural Science Foundation of China, 1 key project of basic research of Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, 1 key project of scientific research and innovation of Shanghai Education Commission and 1 key project of Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau; participated in the National 973 Project (2014CB943300), and national key R & D project (2016YFC1402403); participated in the International cooperation project (2012-2017) of Singapore - Shanghai Jiaotong University E2S2 (Energy and Environmental Sustainable Development Program for Megaccities). With one Edited Book and one co-editor book. Authorized 2 patents.
Honors and Awards
2009, Excellent Teacher of Shanghai Jiao Tong University;
2010, Shanghai Jiao Tong University "Young Outstanding Teacher Award" (nomination award);
2012, Shanghai Jiao Tong University-Suzhou Industrial Park Scholarship and Education Fund (third prize);
2013, Shanghai Jiao Tong University-Suzhou Industrial Park Scholarship and Education Fund (second Prize);
2014, RSC Award for Excellence in Oral Presentation at the first Ecotoxicology Academic Exchange Conference;
2015, Excellent Teacher of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (First Prize);
2020, Second Prize of Teaching Achievement Award of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (ranking the second)