Location：School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Room 514
- Pollutants Catalytic Oxidation/Reduction Removal (Chemical Catalysis, Electrocatalysis, Photocatalysis)
- Heavy Metal Pollution Removal
- Ph.D. in Environmental Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Studied with Professor Jinping Jia, Sep. 2010 – Mar. 2015
- Master in Environmental Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sep. 2008 – Jul. 2010
- B.A. in Environmental Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Sep. 2004 – Jul. 2008
Academic Work Experience
- Jun. 2018 - present: Assistant professor in School of Environmental Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Mar. 2015 – Jun. 2018: Postdoctoral fellow in School of Material Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Advisor: Prof. Jinping Jia & Prof. Tao Deng
- Apr. 2016 – Jun. 2016: Visiting Scholar in Departments of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming, Advisor: Prof. Maohong Fan
- Feb. 2017 – present: Visiting scholar in School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology; Departments of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming, Advisor: Prof. Armistead G. Russell & Prof. Maohong Fan
Pollutants Catalytic Removal:
- Chen Chen, Hongbo Zhang, Kan Li*, Qingli Tang*, Xingchen Bian, Jia'nan Gu, Qingwei Cao, Lijie Zhong, Christopher K. Russell, Maohong Fan, Jinping Jia. Cu+ based active sites of different oxides supported Pd-Cu catalysts and electrolytic in-situ H2 evolution for high-efficiency nitrate reduction. Journal of Catalysis 2020, 392, 231-243.
- Kan Li*, Chen Chen, Xingchen Bian, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia. Electrolytic nitrate reduction using Co3O4 rod-like and sheet-like cathodes with the control of (220) facet exposure and Co2+/Co3+ ratio. Electrochimica Acta 2020, 362, 137121.
- Chen Chen, Kan Li*, Chen Li, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia*. Combination of Pd-Cu Catalysis and Electrolytic H2 Evolution for Selective Nitrate Reduction Using Protonated Polypyrrole as a Cathode. Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53, 13868-13877.
- Kan Li*, Hongbo Zhang, Yongpeng Ma, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia. Nanostructured polypyrrole cathode based dual rotating disk photo fuel cell for textile wastewater purification and electricity generation. Electrochimica Acta 2019, 303, 329-340.
- Hongbo Zhang, Kan Li, Lu Li, Lizhong Liu, Xianglong Meng, Tonghua Sun, High efficient styrene mineralization through novel NiO-TiO2-Al2O3 packed pretreatment/treatment/post-treatment dielectric barrier discharge plasma. Chemical Engineering Journal 2018, 343, 759-769.
- Liuhua Su, Kan Li, Hongbo Zhang, Maohong Fan, Diwen Ying, Tonghua Sun, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Electrochemical nitrate reduction by using a novel Co3O4/Ti cathode, Water Research 2017, 120, 1-11.
- Kan Li, Hongbo Zhang, Tiantian Tang, Yanping Tang, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Facile electrochemical polymerization of polypyrrole film applied as cathode material in dual rotating disk photo fuel cell, Journal of Power Sources 2016, 324, 368-377.
- Kan Li, Hongbo Zhang, Yanping Tang, Diwen Ying, Yulan Xu, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Photocatalytic degradation and electricity generation in a rotating disk photoelectrochemical cell over hierarchical structured BiOBr film, Applied Catalysis B - Environmental 2015, 164, 82-91.
- Kan Li, Hongbo Zhang, Yi He, Tiantian Tang, Diwen Ying, Yalin Wang, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia, Novel wedge structured rotating disk photocatalytic reactor for post-treatment of actual textile wastewater, Chemical Engineering Journal 2015, 268, 10-20.
- Kan Li, Hongbo Zhang, Tiantian Tang, Yunlan Xu, Diwen Ying, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Optimization and application of TiO2/Ti-Pt photo fuel cell (PFC) to effectively generate electricity and degrade organic pollutnats simultaneously, Water Research 2014, 62, 1-10.
- Hongbo Zhang, Kan Li, Chenhua Shu, Ziyang Lou, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia, Enhancement of styrene removal using a novel double-tube dielectric barrier discharge (DDBD) reactor, Chemical Engineering Journal 2014, 256, 107-118.
- Hongbo Zhang, Kan Li, Tonghua Sun, Jinping Jia, Ziyang Lou, Lili Feng, Removal of styrene using dielectric barrier discharge plasmas combined with sol-gel prepared TiO2 coated gamma-Al2O3, Chemical Engineering Journal 2014, 241, 92-102.
- Kan Li, Yunlan Xu, Yi He, Chen Yang, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Photocatalytic Fuel Cell (PFC) and Dye Self-Photosensitization Photocatalytic Fuel Cell (DSPFC) with BiOCl/Ti Photoanode under UV and Visible Light Irradiation, Environmental Science & Technology 2013, 47 (7), 3490-3497.
- Kan Li, Yanping Tang, Yunlan Xu, Yalin Wang, Yuning Huo, Hexing Li, Jinping Jia, A BiOCl film synthesis from Bi2O3 film and its UV and visible light photocatalytic activity, Applied Catalysis B - Environmental 2013, 140, 179-188.
- Kan Li, Chen Yang, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Yulan Xu, Yi He, A high-efficient rotating disk photoelectrocatalytic (PEC) reactor with macro light harvesting pyramid-surface electrode, AIChE Journal 2012, 58 (8), 2448-2455.
- Kan Li, Chen Yang, Yunlan Xu, Diwen Ying, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Effect of inorganic anions on Rhodamine B removal under visible light irradiation using Bi2O3/Ti rotating disk reactor, Chemical Engineering Journal 2012, 211, 208-215.
- Ye Yao, Kan Li, Si Chen, Jinping Jia, Yalin Wang, Haowei Wang, Decolorization of Rhodamine B in a thin-film photoelectrocatalytic (PEC) reactor with slant-placed TiO2 nanotubes electrode, Chemical Engineering Journal 2012, 187, 29-35.
- Kan Li, Yi He, Yunlan Xu, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Degradation of Rhodamine B Using an Unconventional graded Photoelectrode with Wedge Structure, Environmental Science & Technology 2011, 45 (17), 7401-7407.
Heavy Metal Removal:
- Qingwei Cao, Chen Chen, Kan Li*, Tonghua Sun, Zhemin Shen, Jinping Jia*. Arsenic(V) removal behavior of schwertmannite synthesized by KMnO4 rapid oxidation with high adsorption capacity and Fe utilization. Chemosphere 2021, 264, 128398.
- Jia-nan Gu, Jianxing Liang, Chen Chen, Kan Li*, Weili Zhou, Jinping Jia, Tonghua Sun*. Treatment of real deplating wastewater through an environmental friendly precipitation-electrodeposition-oxidation process: Recovery of silver and copper and reuse of wastewater. Separation and Purification Technology 2020, 248, 117082.
- Mingming Guo, Kan Li, Lizhong Liu, Hongbo Zhang, Weimin Guo, Xiaofang Hu, Xin Min, Jinping Jia, Tonghua Sun. Insight into a Sustainable Application of Spent Lithium-Ion Cobaltate Batteries: Preparation of a Cobalt-Based Oxide Catalyst and Its Catalytic Performance in Toluene Oxidation. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2020, 59, 194-204.
- Mingming Guo, Kan Li, Lizhong Liu, Hongbo Zhang, Weimin Guo, Xiaofang Hu, Xianglong Meng, Jinping Jia, Tonghua Sun. Manganese-based multi-oxide derived from spent ternary lithium-ions batteries as high-efficient catalyst for VOCs oxidation. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2019, 380, 120905.
- Chunzhen Fan, Kan Li, Yi He, Yalin Wang, Xufang Qian, Jinping Jia. Evaluation of magnetic chitosan beads for adsorption of heavy metal ions. Science of the Total Environment 2018, 627, 1396-1403.
- Yaolan Niu, Kan Li, Diwen Ying, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Novel recyclable adsorbent for the removal of copper(II) and lead(II) from aqueous solution, Bioresource Technology 2017, 229, 63-68.
- Chunzhen Fan, Kan Li, Juexiu Li, Diwen Ying, Yalin Wang, Jinping Jia, Comparative and competitive adsorption of Pb(II) and Cu(II) using tetraethylenepentamine modified chitosan/CoFe2O4 particles, Journal of Hazardous Materials 2017, 326, 211-220.
- Yaolan Niu, Diwen Ying, Kan Li, Yaling Wang, Jinping Jia, Fast removal of copper ions from aqueous solution using an eco-friendly fibrous adsorbent, Chemosphere 2016, 161, 501-509.
- Simultaneous Removal of Refractory Organic Pollutants and Total Nitrogen with Magnetic Cu-Pd Assisted-Modified BiOCl/Polypyrrole Photo Fuel Cell.?2020-2023, National Nature Science Foundation for General Project,??67.0000, PI
- Postdoctoral international exchange project, 2016-2018, ?300,000, PI
The research on the synthesis and properties of Co/Fe-PPy/PANI-C cathode for photo fuel cell, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 09/2015-09/2017, ?50,000, PI
The research on PPy based cathodes for photo fuel cell to treat aqueous organicpollutants and generate electricity simultaneously, 2017-2019, National Nature Science Foundation for Young Scientists of China, ?200,000, PI