Research fields: Environmental catalysis; Air pollution control; Vehicle emission control
The students majoring in environment, chemistry or chemical engineering are welcome to study for master's and doctoral degrees. Doctors with a background in heterogeneous catalysis are welcome to engage in postdoctoral research.
Lei Ma is an associate professor in the School of Environmental Science and Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University from December 2019. He received a Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering from Tsinghua University. From 2011 to 2012, he was a visiting student at the Research and Innovation Center of Ford Motor Company. From 2013 to 2019, he successively engaged in heterogeneous catalysis as a postdoctoral scholar or research fellow in the Department of Chemistry at Tsinghua University, the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, and the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Michigan.
1. Ma, L.; Cheng, Y.; Cavataio, G.; McCabe, R. W.; Fu, L.; Li, J., In situ DRIFTS and temperature-programmed technology study on NH3-SCR of NOx over Cu-SSZ-13 and Cu-SAPO-34 catalysts. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2014, 156-157, 428-437.
2. Ma, L.; Seo, C. Y.; Chen, X.; Sun, K.; Schwank, J. W., Indium-doped Co3O4 nanorods for catalytic oxidation of CO and C3H6 towards diesel exhaust. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2018, 222, 44-58.
3. Ma, L.; Seo, C. Y.; Nahata, M.; Chen, X.; Li, J.; Schwank, J. W., Shape dependence and sulfate promotion of CeO2 for selective catalytic reduction of NOx with NH3. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2018, 232, 246-259.
4. Ma, L.; Wang, D.; Li, J.; Bai, B.; Fu, L.; Li, Y., Ag/CeO2 nanospheres: Efficient catalysts for formaldehyde oxidation. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2014, 148–149, 36-43.
5. Ma, L.; Zhang, W.; Wang, Y.-G.; Chen, X.; Yu, W.; Sun, K.; Sun, H.; Li, J.; Schwank, J. W., Catalytic Performance and Reaction Mechanism of NO Oxidation over Co3O4 Catalysts. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2020, 118371.
6. Ma, L.; Zou, X., Cooperative catalysis of metal and acid functions in Re-HZSM-5 catalysts for ethane dehydroaromatization. Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2019, 243, 703-710.
7. Ma, L.; Chang, H.; Yang, S.; Chen, L.; Fu, L.; Li, J., Relations between iron sites and performance of Fe/HBEA catalysts prepared by two different methods for NH3-SCR. Chem. Eng. J. 2012, 209, 652-660.
8. Ma, L.; Cheng, Y.; Cavataio, G.; McCabe, R. W.; Fu, L.; Li, J., Characterization of commercial Cu-SSZ-13 and Cu-SAPO-34 catalysts with hydrothermal treatment for NH3-SCR of NOx in diesel exhaust. Chem. Eng. J. 2013, 225, 323-330.
9. Ma, L.; Seo, C. Y.; Chen, X.; Li, J.; Schwank, J. W., Sodium-promoted Ag/CeO2 nanospheres for catalytic oxidation of formaldehyde. Chem. Eng. J. 2018, 350, 419-428.
10. Ma, L.; Li, J.; Cheng, Y.; Lambert, C. K.; Fu, L., Propene Poisoning on Three Typical Fe-zeolites for SCR of NOx with NH3: From Mechanism Study to Coating Modified Architecture. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2012, 46 (3), 1747-1754.
Reviewers: 17th International Congress on Catalysis; ACS Applied Nano Materials;?ACS Catalysis;?Applied Catalysis B: Environmental; Applied Surface Science; Catalysis Science & Technology; Catalysis Surveys from Asia; Catalysis Today; Chemical Engineering Journal; Energy & Fuels;?Environmental Science & Technology; Fuel Processing Technology; Journal of Hazardous Materials; Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry; Materials Chemistry and Physics; Nanoscale Research Letters; Separation and Purification Technology
Honors and Awards
2016 Outstanding Reviewer for Applied Catalysis B: Environmental